AdvancedHMI now supports Omron PLCs and more

There is this button "start a new thread".

OMg the dejavu when i look at your old posts. You do the same BS in 2011. Rly, i would like to say something about your ability to learn.

Start with a very simple setup to verify your communication link.

Add a driver to the form and set the communication parameters
Add a BasicLabel to the form
Set PLCAdressValue to D0
Set PLCAddressKeypad to D0
Run the application
Click on the BasicLabel and enter a new value on the keypad
That new value should show in the BasicLabel

Thanks for replying Archie. I did follow your instruction but nothing happens to the basic label. But the led on the PLC COMM did flash when I run the application what could be the possible reason? My port name at device manager is (USB-SERIAL CH24) (COM24)

port.PNG

Thanks for replying Archie. I did follow your instruction but nothing happens to the basic label. But the led on the PLC COMM did flash when I run the application what could be the possible reason? My port name at device manager is (USB-SERIAL CH24) (COM24)
Are you sure you have the baud rate, parity, etc all set correctly. Did you exit CX-Programmer in order to let AdvancedHMI get access to the serial port?

About the setting of the boud rate, parity, etc do i need to follow the AHMI or the device manager setting? I did exit the CX-Programmer fact I dint open it at all. Do it have anything to do with the cable that Im using which is CH340..wheres Omron uses cs1w-cif31

The technique I use when I do not know the communication parameters is the PLC->Auto Online feature of CX-Programmer. I let it discover the communication parameters, make note of what it found, then exit CX-Programmer. In AdvancedHMI , enter those same parameters in the properties of the OmronSerialHostLinkCom driver instance.

The technique I use when I do not know the communication parameters is the PLC->Auto Online feature of CX-Programmer. I let it discover the communication parameters, make note of what it found, then exit CX-Programmer. In AdvancedHMI , enter those same parameters in the properties of the OmronSerialHostLinkCom driver instance.

I've done the technique have taught me..nice one. It still does not change the value at basiclabel, but when I key in a value and press ENTER on keypad the comm led at PLC blinked. does this mean that the software is trying to communicate with the PLC. The setting that I've use (9600,Even,7,2). PS after couple of time I've key in value in keypad it says buffer is full.

So I tested this setup with a CP1H and a serial adapter. I added a BasicLabel and set both PLCAddressValue and PLCAddressKeypad both to D0

At first it would not write, but did display the value of D0. The write attempt gave me a return code of "Not executable in RUN mode". So I went back online with CX-Programmer and changed the mode from Run to Monitor. Closed CX-Programmer and tried AdvancedHMI, then everything worked as expected.

Interesting thing is that I have never noticed this behavior before, but then again I always use Ethernet with Omron and rarely test anything on RS232.