Ladder logic displayed on HMI

ValeoBill

Hello, all;
Years ago, I worked with an HMI on which one could display (read only) the associated PLC's ladder logic. If memory serves it was the GOT/GX developer of Mitsubishi construction. I thought it a great idea for pinpointing problems without the delay of getting online with a laptop.
Has anyone else come across this feature on other platforms?

Siemens can do it with 1500 & Comfort/Advanced HMIs with a feature called ProDiag (extra license required). It covers LAD, FBD, and Graph.

The OMRON NSJ range had this feature. I used quite a few of them back in the day around 2005-2012.

Hello, all;
Years ago, I worked with an HMI on which one could display (read only) the associated PLC's ladder logic. If memory serves it was the GOT/GX developer of Mitsubishi construction. I thought it a great idea for pinpointing problems without the delay of getting online with a laptop.
Has anyone else come across this feature on other platforms?

(Fuji) Hakko.

I have seen this on some machine tools with a fanuc Controller.

Same here is was a CNC machine... great idea for troubleshooting, the only thing I have ever done was a maintenance screen that had the most problematic I/Os listed and they just had a little light next to them, I did install RSLogix on the same PC that was running RSView and that was nice but it was not a read only

The new Mitsubishi Got range have that facility, Beijers E Series was the HMI Mitsubishi adopted (re-badged)from the 90's until about 2010 and I believe these also had this.

Rockwell had an Active X control that would do that for RSlogix500
i used it in a few projects it allowed you to display the ladder in real time on line so you could watch the data state change in your HMI
i even had it set up with my alarm panel the operator could push a button on the alarm screen and it would open a window to show the ladder at the alarm
it was great for trouble shooting
but it required RSLinx on the host to run
also ActiveX is no longer supported