Annoying Issue with Micrologix

toddp65

Yesterday I went to upload the current program out of a MLX 1400 (i have the source code/project...at least 10 copies of the same program with different, minor changes and the very latest upload in the same folder) but when I went to go online (with current copy open) it wanted to upload...I tried to point to the folder where every revision was loaded and it ignored every one of them and i had to upload an undocumented copy for my backup. I ran a compare against my current copy and aside from differences in data tables there was no difference.

So my only option to do the edits was to download and take the system offline and restart it.

What's up with this?

It is looking in a specific folder for your application. Yes, it ignores the file you have open and looks to this one folder. If it doesn't find the correct file then you get the message you are seeing.

It does give you an option to browse for your file though. It isn't necessary to upload a fresh copy each time.

They did away with this annoying procedure in the 5000 software.

OG

As long as the processor name hasn't been changed RSLogix should have given you the option to select your latest file and "Upload Use File" that would have uploaded the program in the ML and used all the comments and descriptions that were there.

I have had similar problems on ML's & SLC's when the IP address is changed - it goes offline and makes me do an upload of the use file before it can go online.

My laptop is the only one that has ever logged onto that processor and the connection path and IP have always been the same.

I definitely browsed and pointed to the only folder that has ever held the programs since I created it, that's what is confusing. There are 6 different versions of the same program with minor differences but definitely the exxact one that's loaded on the controller.

As I said, I uploaded the 'make a new file' undocumented version and ran a compare against the one I had open (latest) and there were no flags for differences aside from the data tables, which you'll have because temperatures change, etc.

I'm glad i mostly work with CLX now and not rs500 which I was weaned on (as well as 150).

My laptop is the only one that has ever logged onto that processor and the connection path and IP have always been the same.

I definitely browsed and pointed to the only folder that has ever held the programs since I created it, that's what is confusing. There are 6 different versions of the same program with minor differences but definitely the exxact one that's loaded on the controller.

As I said, I uploaded the 'make a new file' undocumented version and ran a compare against the one I had open (latest) and there were no flags for differences aside from the data tables, which you'll have because temperatures change, etc.

I'm glad i mostly work with CLX now and not rs500 which I was weaned on (as well as 150).

I have seen it do such things, based on the PATH and if you saved the path to the project file,,,,or not. Weird, but, yeah, if you have the project on your lappy, it should have just uploaded the code, and kept the comments....