Citect scada 2016

eddolls

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the replacement for the DspAnMove command is? i could really do with being able to move an object referencing x y coordinates from DspAnGetPos, and i'm struggling with the movement property.

many thanks

Chris

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the replacement for the DspAnMove command is? i could really do with being able to move an object referencing x y coordinates from DspAnGetPos, and i'm struggling with the movement property.

many thanks

Chris

I'm guessing that DspAnNew(X, Y) will get you what you need but without knowing the full story it is very much a guess

Last edited:
Thankyou very much for your reply. well im trying to make a side view of a robotic arm, so when i move one section, i would like another section to move in relation to the first. ive basicaly created two rectangles connected end to end and used the object rotate property to rotate the first section, then i would like the second section to move with it. i added a small circle to tge end of one rectangle and used the get postion function to monitor the end position now i just need to make the second rectangle move to that x and y coordinate. DspAnNew seems to also be superseeded.

Thankyou very much for your reply. well im trying to make a side view of a robotic arm, so when i move one section, i would like another section to move in relation to the first. ive basicaly created two rectangles connected end to end and used the object rotate property to rotate the first section, then i would like the second section to move with it. i added a small circle to tge end of one rectangle and used the get postion function to monitor the end position now i just need to make the second rectangle move to that x and y coordinate. DspAnNew seems to also be superseeded.

I didn't think DspAnNew was superseded, but i may be wrong

Sounds like you would be better using the movement tabs of the object properties to achieve that rather than messing with AN points, you can control Horizontal, Vertical and Rotational position, might take some messing to get it right but if i recall one of the examples has a crane jib or similar example in it, might be worth looking at how the movement is achieved on that.

Hi eddolls

just wondering if you worked previously on Citect SCADA 2015 (V7.5) before you had Citect SCADA 2016 (V8.0).

i have to upgrade my Citect scada 2015 to 2016 and wanted to know if you found the new GUI easy to use from the get go.