You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 12th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #1
wvmoto115
United States

Panel View 550

Hello, I have a panel View 550 that went bad , a new one has been installed , when you power up the PV it looks as it did before except there are no numbers present and there is an error Reading " 612 no active nodes on network " how do I get communication restored between the slc 500 and the PV ? Have not messed with AB much.
Old July 12th, 2018, 07:38 AM   #2
Bob O
United States

Welcome to the Forum!
What is the full PN for the old unit and the new unit?
If you can post the PB32 file and the .RSS file [Zip first] that may also be helpful.
FYI- It's been a while since I've messed with a PV Classic.
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:25 AM   #3
JohnCalderwood
Scotland

Do you not have to find the magic configuration square on these ones?

When you power up, there is a white square on one of the edges of the screen that you have to press to go into the configuration screens, where you can setup the port and the Block Transfers.

Maybe even the square is hidden, as I have seen me running my finger over the whole outer rim of the visible screen trying to find it....
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:33 AM   #4
Christoff84
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCalderwood View Post
Do you not have to find the magic configuration square on these ones?

When you power up, there is a white square on one of the edges of the screen that you have to press to go into the configuration screens, where you can setup the port and the Block Transfers.

Maybe even the square is hidden, as I have seen me running my finger over the whole outer rim of the visible screen trying to find it....
If its a keypad style, you can use the Right+Left arrows together to get into configuration.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:08 AM   #5
Bob O
United States

I "think" the little white square was on the earlier PV+ then Rockwell "improved" the later PV+ by removing it.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:26 AM   #6
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

It is always a good idea to share the complete catalog number when dealing with Panelview problems. That error is common when communication is lost but may or may not be due to an issue with the Panelview. There should not be a need to access the configuration screen (although it might be useful as a sanity check) since the communications settings are all part of the download and should be right as long as the file that was downloaded is right.
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM   #7
wvmoto115
United States

Thanks, for the help I was able to get into the communication settings and change the node and now they are talking ! Thanks !
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum