Cutler Hammer D100-CPM232

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good afternoon,

Looking to purchase one of these RS232 - RS422/485 Adapters ASAP but not having any luck online. Even Radwell has come up empty.

I have downloaded the schematic to build one using the MAX232CPE IC and will be placing that order today.

Would be willing to rent one and pay shipping both ways as I have a line down.

Also has anyone used one of these in place of the CPM232???
https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/communications/serial/serial_isolators_-a-_converters/fa-isocon

Thanks.

Last edited:
The converter I used was from commfront and it was rs232/ttl. I am leaving and won’t be back for 14days Just as a reference I have lots of eeprom a programmable eeprom, handheld programmer.

UPDATE....

I was able to use the RS232-TTL converter that Cetronic suggested to connect with the Cutler Hammer D100 PLC.

Just cut one end off an ethernet cable and made the following connections to the breakout board that comes with the converter.

TX - Green/White
RX - Blue
Grd - Blue/White

Connect the converter to laptop with USB to Serial adapter.