dahnuguy

Open RS Studio
Select new project
Select View
Select type of HMI from list

Select drop down menu labeled version

Select firmware version....

Mine only shows 7 in the version list.
How do I get the other versions of firmware to show up in the list?
I downloaded the firmware files from AB.com.

2713P-PanelView_8.001.dmk
2713P-PanelView_7.002.dmk
2713P-PanelView_6.001.dmk
2713P-PanelView_5.002.dmk
2713P-PanelView_4.003.dmk

Firmware01.JPG

That's a great question !

The software / product is "Studio 5000 View Designer", which is the application development environment for the PanelView 5000 HMI terminals.

Of course it has some name/purpose confusion with FactoryTalk View Studio ME, and PanelView Plus. But I figure that's unavoidable.

It is my understanding that Studio 5000 View Designer is similar to Studio 5000 Logix Designer: to get support for a firmware version, you have to install that version of the software.

It's not modular like Add-On Profiles or Electronic Data Sheets.

And it's not one-version-per-PC like FactoryTalk View Studio is.

The table of Logix Designer = View Designer releases is specific and detailed, and is in Rockwell Knowledgbase article IN7594 (Access Level: Everyone):

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1071585

Thanks for the response,

So my version of "Studio 5000 View Designer" installed on my PC will only program an HMI in this list shown with version 7 firmware?

Am I correct in thinking I could install another version?

Would they then be multiple different pieces of software or would it just add to the available hardware list and add versions to the firmware list?

Also I have version 32.03 RS Studio, which according the link should come with View Designer version firmware 5.02 and 6.01, yet mine is version 7.01.

I did not load the software so I am not sure who loaded what or when, just trying to make sense of it.

I have not used Studio 5000 View Designer so I can't give you advice from practical experience.

My understanding is that your current installation of View Designer can only create applications for a PanelView 5000 terminal with v7 firmware. The PanelView 5000 user manuals have a chapter on how to load firmware with ControlFlash.

I believe that if you installed another version of View Designer, it would technically be installed in parallel with the existing version and launched separately, but your only view of that would be that there will be more than one firmware version in the drop-down when you create a new project.

I can't explain why Logix Designer 32.03 and View Designer for v7 ended up installed together. Maybe that table from the Knowledgebase is inaccurate, or maybe the installation on your PC was customized or piecemeal.