Nic to usb for TwinCAT

blima

Hello,
My laptop does not have a nic with an Intel chip. So on TwinCAT the ethercat driver want work on it. Can anyone point to me a nic with intel chip that connects to my laytop thought usb?
Thanks

TwinCAT will not work with USB-LAN adapter, as far as I am aware of. For TwinCAT to work properly, I would advise you get a proper industrial PC.

thansk for all inputs.
My laptop has usb-c. I think is "equivalent" to thunderbolt 3. Will it work?

Likely not. Go on the Beckhoff website and find their list of intel compatible chipsets. Then find a laptop that has that chipset or a USB-C -> RJ45 adapter that has the chipset.

Or save yourself some time, because I second Alfredo's advice; proper hardware for proper projects.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi I've been trying to connect my PLC to my PC via USB but it still doesn't work. I always get this message: "The online connection could not be...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any recommendations for Electronic Circuit Breakers with 0V Terminals built-in and Fieldbus (IO-LINK, MODBUS TCP, EtherNet/IP?)...
Replies
Views
Maybe I am the last to know but Rockwell has put an EOL date on the 3 motion modules at the end of 2024 but maybe sooner. I know this will affect...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Is it Possible to change the Power flex 753 Drive Electronic keying when PLC is in Online, If So If I change the Electronic keying...
Replies
Views
Is it good idea to use ultrasonic clamp type of flowmeter for water dosing? I already using the flowmeter pulse output by setting to 10L per...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom