Problems with 1761 NET ENI / D

jgarrido28

Hi friends

I have problems with the 1761 NET ENI /D i can´t comunicate with the plc 1500 AB in a SCADA that have the PLC, the ENI, a Swith and a Panel View 1000.

The configuration of the ENI (conected to Switch)

Ip 192.168.190.187
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
gateway 0.0.0.0

232 Baud rate port Serial to plc 19000 Baud
Bootp (Unchecked)
Ethernet Speed / Duplex (Auto negotiate)

The configuration of my PC (Conected to switch)

IP 192.168.190.186
gateway 0.0.0.0

Configuration of Panel View (conected to Switch)
Ip 192.168.190.188
gateway 0.0.0.0

SCADA work properly in another company but when we settled appear communication error between the panel view and plc.

I begin with traying a PING since my pc to a ENI (192.168.190.187) but does not respond. performed PING to PANEL VIEW (192.168.190.188) and it responds.

netx i do commad ARP -a and the PANEL VIEW with its MAC and IP Apear but the ENI no.

That may be happening with ENI?

I see tha the LINK led in the ENI when finish the restar Hold on without a cable conected. The ENI don´t show Fault

Thak you

Jorge

They work ok for a while then stop working. Now I only use ML1100 and ML1400.
I remember there were two version to configure ENI modules depending on firmware , have you checked that ??

If you can't PING the 1761-NET-ENI then it's not correctly configured to communicate on Ethernet.

Double-check the configuration and be sure that it was successfully downloaded to the Net-ENI via the serial utility.

To see if there is a conflicting IP address, disconnect the Net-ENI and try PINGing its IP address. There should be no reply !

Of course, check the Ethernet cables carefully.

Your description of the LINK LED staying on when the Ethernet cable is disconnected is concerning. It suggests there may be something physically damaged on the Net-ENI.

Check the DC power to see if it's a stable 24V DC. The Net-ENI is based on a LanTronix design, and I have seen LanTronix link LEDs misbehave when they had the wrong power supply voltage.

Thank Ken Roach

I change the cables, I Load from the ENI in ENI/ENIW Utility and show the configuration is correct.
I tried with diferent IP in the ENI and only conected to the network With my pc for Example: My Pc Ip 192.168.0.2 and ENI with 192.168.0.3 and does not respont the ping.

Jgarrido28:
Can you try to upload config from the ENI module just to be sure that this was saved properly ? Then you can open what you had uploaded, and compare it to the one you said it is working fine.

Good morning Widelto.

Yes i can upload the configuration of ENI using ENI Utility, then i can see that the configuration of the ENI is correct but this can´t comunication with the system or SCADA.

Are you here in Barranquilla?