Anyone have experience with Honeywell Control Station?

usfscooter

I am trying to use complex code to make a button blink. I need to OR two digital variables. I can’t find information anywhere on the syntax or any examples to show me how to do this.

I don't know about OR'ing digital values. Here's the basic training slide for changing colors on a primitive:

Select-a-Valve-Graphic-and-use-a-digital-signal-to-show-the-ON-O.jpg

Try posting this as a crimson 3 question. Honeywell station designer and the CS900 are re-branded Red Lion products. You will get much more information and response if you refer to it as a red lion G3 HMI. The nice thing about Station Designer is it has programs and displays already built specifically for the HC900 and it imports data tags directly from the cde file.

The complex coding syntax is C programming with HMI specific functions thrown in. I'm learning things all the time.

Can you be more specific about what it is you are trying to do?

pg 308 of the station designer manual describes the OR operator's use in expressions.

this statement would make the condition true if EITHER tag was true:

cde.digitalsignals.tag1.out || cde.digitalsignals.tag2.out

Thanks for the reply. I had found that in the manual but it doesn’t give any examples of how to enter it as code. When I go to the complex code option after already having it set to Tag the following is auto filled.

Return CDE.digitalsignals.tagname.out;

I tried the following for OR logic

Return CDE.digitalsignals.tagA.out || CDE.digitalsignals.tagB.out;

I get the error “Too few arguments for function.”

I don’t know if I need an if-then-else statement for it to work.

I just happened to notice on page 303 it showed the expressions are used with the general option. With the general option, I used tagA || tagB and it worked.

I am still wondering about the complex code. I’ll keep searching for some examples I can reverse engineer.

Yes, tagA || tagB is a general expression. Complex code needs an action to perform I believe. I have been working with Crimson 3 and HC Designer for about 8 years and I havn't had to write much complex code other than performing multiple actions. I suck at it. I know very little about it and have tried to understand the basics of c# programming but it doesn't seem to translate to Crimson's c-like programming.

Here is an example of a complex expression that uses a return statement to return an integer from an analog signal:
if (CDE.AnalogSignals.BOILER_ANIMATION.Out==0)
return 0;
if (CDE.AnalogSignals.BOILER_ANIMATION.Out==1)
return 1;

Maybe this would do the same thing for you:
if (CDE.digitalsignals.tagA.out==1 || CDE.digitalsignals.tagB.out==1)
return 1;
else
return 0: