Anyone have experience with old Bosch servo drives?

JKS

Specifically Sm10/20-TC.

I have a customer that has a setup running a crosslapper, and this module runs the outfeed apron. They were having a lot of stopping issues where we diagnosed it back to the module going to hell, so they found a used one and I popped it in for them.

Did the best I could at ensuring everything was identical to the one we replaced, but they tell me that they're having some odd intermittent problems: doesn't start up and stop right away; speed seems to vary at times, causing the looms to do some wonky things; stuff like that.

Of course, every time I'm here, it either runs Ok or they can't get the line to start up for other reasons (material, mechanical failure, etc).

They have decent documentation - more than I can find on the web, actually - but it reads as if someone with aspergers wrote it, and I'm just not smart enough to fill in what they assume I should already know.

I've tried tuning it slightly, with the P and I pots as well as the Offset adjustment, but I can't tell if it did anything really or not. Hell, I don't even know if I'm doing it correctly.

So, long way around to ask if anyone has any experience with these and a good procedure to tune it in better. If nothing else, someone with some knowledge that I can pose questions to.

Thanks in advance for any help - it's greatly appreciated!!
- Jeff