s7-1200 basic HMI time remaining

shane_bac

I am currently using a HMI to set the time in a TP block and using the ET to show the value of the time elapsed on the HMI. How do I configure this value to show the time remaining? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

Will I need to store the value from PT and ET rather than just declaring the tags from the HMI to do the calculation as I cannot access PT and ET values in the calculation block inputs

Will I need to store the value from PT and ET rather than just declaring the tags from the HMI to do the calculation as I cannot access PT and ET values in the calculation block inputs

that would be odd. o_O
how come you cannot access?
do you mean calculation block as code block in LAD?
but then why would you use calculation block from simple SUB operation...