S7-1200 connection to a KTP600 Basic

p_logix

Hello all,

The problem I have is how can I load a IP address to the HMI. In my project I have set a IP address similar to the PLC but when I try to go to accessible devices My HMI never shows? I thought the MAC address was enough for it to show up. How can I transfer my project to the HMI so it will be networked with my PLC. I tried entering in a IP directly in the HMI but it wont hold and it keeps asking for a DNS name? I have networked them in my project.

thanks

untitled.jpg

Hi, HJTBRO:

I did get to that part. But what do they mean by a station name?

I keep getting a error that says the name is not DNS compatable.

Thanks

Ok got it. Not sure but it came up. It also looks like I had to flash it because the software in the HMI was not compatable. More tabs show up in the networking menu now. Now It looks like the hmi has a station name.I am online and I successfully transferred a project.(y)

Now I need to program a button to test.

Do you know if you have to define a connection for a HMI tag to the PLC? Even if they are networked.

Or can I just create a PLC internal tag, and add it to the button on the HMI. For some reason when I try to run a simulation the program fails to compile.

Again thanks for the help,

Create a bool test tag in your plc tag table. Open up your hmi screen. Create a button. Open up the button properties. Locate the plc tag selection (cant remember which sub property menu). Then browse to your plc tag table and select your bool test tag.
You have two types of hmi simulation. 1 connects to your plc. You must have your plc network physically connected to your pc. This simulates the hmi and the software sets up the connection to your plc.
The other uses a tag simulator. Your hmi never connects to the plc, but instead you have a tag simulator window that lets you modify the hmi tag values to evaluate your screen design.

As for your compile error, the compile report is usually very helpful. Locate the last compile error and click it. It should take you to the offending screen or code block. If not then study the error as it is descriptive.

Last edited:
Create a bool test tag in your plc tag table. Open up your hmi screen. Create a button. Open up the button properties. Locate the plc tag selection (cant remember which sub property menu). Then browse to your plc tag table and select your bool test tag.
You have two types of hmi simulation. 1 connects to your plc. You must have your plc network physically connected to your pc. This simulates the hmi and the software sets up the connection to your plc.
The other uses a tag simulator. Your hmi never connects to the plc, but instead you have a tag simulator window that lets you modify the hmi tag values to evaluate your screen design.

As for your compile error, the compile report is usually very helpful. Locate the last compile error and click it. It should take you to the offending screen or code block. If not then study the error as it is descriptive.

!!!!!!!SOLVED!!!!!!(y)

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I finally downloaded a sample HMI program from siemens and tweaked a tag for a internal pushbutton and the output came on in the PLC. Then I re-created a HMI/PLC program again from scratch and it works perfect now.

This Siemens stuff is waaaaayyyyyy!!!! different than AB.