Display panelview Ip address in runtime (View studio 13)

Paul_Pereira

I'd like to have a display in my view studio runtime show the current ip address of the panelview. I know how to fetch the plc ip address but I don't see a way of fetching the HMI ip address. Any thoughts?

There is an ActiveX component called "IP_Info" that will provide that information when used in a FactoryTalk View ME application.

I know there is a pre-v6 and a post-v6 version of that ActiveX. Both are available from the RA Knowledgebase.

But because both of them were built for Windows CE, I don't know if they will work with the PanelView Plus 7 Performance Series B terminals, which are the newest ones and run Windows 10 IoT Core.

In case ken's solution does not work for PanelView Plus 7, I have thought of a solution that is a bit nerdy but may work. I do not have PanelView Plus 7 to test the solution.
I am assuming that the PanelView is a CIP client device so it can send generic CIP service requests to other devices, including itself. If so, if there is a way to indicate a CIP path for the PanelView itself, then you can write a program that sends a GetAttributeSingle request to instance 1 of class ID 0xF5 (TCP/IP Interface Object), attribute 5 (Interface Configuration). The first 4 bytes is the IP address of the EtherNet/IP device. I tested with with a ConpactLogix program, as you can see below. The CIP path for the PLC itself is shown as "THIS". Provided PanelView Plus 7 allows addressing itself somehow, I guess you could do a program that does something similar. Hope this helps.

2023-01-29_IP_Address.jpg