Help on communication between S7-315F-2 PN/DP AND Mobile Panel 177 DP

smf

Hi

This is the first time i try to have OP communication over profibus but so far i havnent been able to get it working.
What steps are required to get it working? it would help alot if someone told me the basic steps so i don't waste time on doing things i don't need to.

This is how i have done it.

1.Configured the 300 cpu in hw config and configured the DP/MPi port to be a profibus port with adress 2 (master)
2. Created a small testing project in wincc to read some of the db's in the CPU.
3. Configured the connections in wincc:

HMI device:
Baud rate - 12000000
Adress - 1

Network:
Profile - Dp
Highest station address - 31
Number of masters - 1

PLC device:
Address - 2
Expansion slot - 2
Rack - 0
Cyclic operation - Check

4. Connected the Dp cable between cpu & Op and terminated it in both ends

This is the basic stuff i have been doing but i have also been trying with lots of other stuff when i didn't get it to work. So does anyone have a clue about what i have missed?
Do i have to setup a OP panel in the hw config also? i had one there but it didn't seem to make things any better

Hi SMF,

Did you create the same network configuration on HW Config? Baud rates are identical? Did you connect a PG/PC interface on your DP network (DP one)? Then you can check your network configuration is correct if all hardware appears.

Don't know if it can help you...

Good luck

Captain

Integrated

Do you have WinCC Flexible and STEP 7 integrated ? IF YES, then try this:

Make sure you have a profibus connection in the PLC hardware config:

1232322345.jpg

Then do these steps to connect the panel:

Go to the configuration of the panel:

123232.jpg

Open HMI/DP settings:

1232322.jpg

Open proporties:

12323223.jpg

Connect to the exsisting profibus connection:

123232234.jpg

Compile and save

connection settings in wincc flexible will be changed.

Download PLC hardware + Panelconfiguration.

Should work

Hope it helps.

smf said:
Hi

This is the first time i try to have OP communication over profibus but so far i havnent been able to get it working.
What steps are required to get it working? it would help alot if someone told me the basic steps so i don't waste time on doing things i don't need to.

This is how i have done it.

1.Configured the 300 cpu in hw config and configured the DP/MPi port to be a profibus port with adress 2 (master)
2. Created a small testing project in wincc to read some of the db's in the CPU.
3. Configured the connections in wincc:

HMI device:
Baud rate - 12000000
Adress - 1

Network:
Profile - Dp
Highest station address - 31
Number of masters - 1

PLC device:
Address - 2
Expansion slot - 2
Rack - 0
Cyclic operation - Check

4. Connected the Dp cable between cpu & Op and terminated it in both ends

This is the basic stuff i have been doing but i have also been trying with lots of other stuff when i didn't get it to work. So does anyone have a clue about what i have missed?
Do i have to setup a OP panel in the hw config also? i had one there but it didn't seem to make things any better

Integrate the WinCC Flexible project in the STEP7 project.
Then you define the connection from the Panel to the PLC by simply "pointing" to it in the connection dialog in WinCC Flexible. In that case, the connection details are automatically matched. This is particularly important for Profibus.

edit: Combo was faster than me. I think that if you start with Combo's advice, and then switch to the WinCC Flex project and follow my advice (the connection will probably already be setup to the CPU, but do check it.), then you cant get it wrong.

Last edited:
:))

You guys have helped me alot on this forum, the least I can do is try to help others too :)

JesperMP said:
Integrate the WinCC Flexible project in the STEP7 project.
Then you define the connection from the Panel to the PLC by simply "pointing" to it in the connection dialog in WinCC Flexible. In that case, the connection details are automatically matched. This is particularly important for Profibus.

edit: Combo was faster than me. I think that if you start with Combo's advice, and then switch to the WinCC Flex project and follow my advice (the connection will probably already be setup to the CPU, but do check it.), then you cant get it wrong.

Thank you guys for all the help, i will try all the suggestions later this afternoon if i have the time to sit here in the office, i didn't have step7 and wincc integrated but i'll fix it and i'm pretty sure i'll get this working after all your help, so thanks again everybody