Help - Communication between FX3U & Q-Series

sarvan

Hello Guys

I am using two Mitsi PLCs - 1 Q-Series & 1 FX3U. The FX3U is in a remote location monitoring a level and sending it back to the Q PLC. FX3U communicates with the Q PLC via a leased line using TD-36 Westermo Modems at each end. I am really confused about setting up the comms as both of them use different protocols. Also some instructions like MSG cannot be used with a FX3U. I hope to use RS2 instruction in FX3U to send the data. The FX3U is connected to the modem by a serial link RS-232. I am using FX3U-232-BD board, configured Ch1 as follows:
Protocol - Non-procedural
DataLength - 7 bits
Parity - Even
Stop bit - 1 bit
Speed - 9600
H/W type - Modem/RS-232C
Transmission - Form1 (without CR,LF)

I am not sure if this will work.

On the Q PLC, there is a QJ71C24-R2 Module that reads data from the modem at that end.

I would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thank you.

Note: See attached jpeg file for system architecture.

SysArchitecture.jpg

just seen your post from a few years ago now lol

i`m trying to do a similar thing between a q series and an fx2n plc

did you resolve your problem and how?