String data on PVP

NachoLibre

HI everybody:

I make a migration from a pv 550 to a pvp 6 600, my issue is to display the string data on the display. All what i can watch is "????????". i tried to change the tags and create again the display box but in any case it works.:cry:

Whole parameters are exactly as the pv 550.

What can i do??

Welcome to the forum! Do all the other objects on the screen display correctly? Does a numeric display show correctly?

Perhaps if you post a screenshot of the properties of the string display, we might be able to suggest something more - otherwise we are just guessing.

Welcome to the Forum !

Is the PLC the same type, or have you migrated to a ControlLogix or CompactLogix family controller ?

Post the exact syntax for your string display object Connection.

For a SLC address the tags will have the format {::[topic]st8:1}
On logix they are normally {[topic]tagname}

You also have to configure the topic for local and remote operation. You need to create a topic and apply the PLC location to it in RSLinx Enterprise Comms. This is used to test the screen from FTV. You also need to copy that information to the remote configuration. This is used by the screen to talk to the PLC.

If you monitor the screen in FTV by pressing the PLAY button you will get diagnostics in the bottom of the screen.