Mitsubishi iQ-R Series CC link

cottagewood

I’ve not had a great deal of experience with CC link (TP) so looking for some ideas. I have several iQ-R PLC’s most of them are on an Ethernet network along with a Wonderware SCADA, however 2 off the PLC’s are at the end of a 800Metre twisted pair cable which I’m stuck with, there is no way to connect them to the ethernet network.
I was planning to use CC link back to one of the Ethernet connected PLC’s and I was wondering if it’s possible to bridge the networks so that I can directly address the tags from the SCADA, or do I need to map all the tags to the Ethernet PLC.

Another option would be to use Modbus for the RS-485 part of the network.

Never done it between two or more PLC's or inverters, however, I did a system of 8 PLC's (Q Series) where the master had ethernet the connections to the others was via NET-H, ironically, could not find information detailed enough to know if it was possible to directly read addresses in the other PLC's from the Scada, the original system mapped the information to the Master PLC & then this was read/written to from the Scada (MX) using the in-built I/O server, we replaced the Scada with IFIX & used Kepserver for the OPC server communication, this was capable of talking to the other PLC's via ethernet to master & then to the others via NET-H, Kepserver help file documented this whereas it proved very difficult to find this information from Mitsubishi & their Chineenglish manuals, so it might be possible but trying to find the details seems to be elusive.

Thanks Parky,
I feel like it ought to be able to do it, but as you say, it's difficult to find any detailed information. Kepware are part of the same group as Wonderware so maybe they can help, I'm not adverse to using an OPC driver if it will do the job.
I've got some RJ61BT11 modules on order so I can try it out.

Yes, the original programmer of the system we had used the NET-H to send/recieve data by splitting it into chunks this is transparent & no code but it means that the space is limited for example the W & B memory areas were all used with very little spare what the NET-H does is you set the read/write areas for each PLC as configured in the card set-up, there are also some other functions where you can send data outside this area, the problem was that the recipes were sent from the Scada down to the Master PLC on Ethernet, then onto to other PLC's using quite a lot of code, the Kepware driver did this simply by for example D200:N0 meant PLC master, D200:N1 meant PLC 1 & so on, so no code was required, it is based on the same way the gateway works for programming other PLC's on the network through the master, try as I might I cannot find any information on using CC link to do it this way but there must be a way. There also appears to be a number of different CC link types this becomes confusing.