B&R 7CP476.60-1 CAN bus test

aress124

Hello.
How can I test the CAN query in CP476?
Can you choose to send for some random data? To be able to measure with an oscilloscope, is it a signal on the socket?
I have Automation Studio but I don't know how to go to to be able to give something on CAN.
Maybe there is some other way to communicate CAN?
Regards.

I have worked a tiny bit with the B&R 2003 PLC and the CP476 and CAN.
I am no expert in CAN, but if you configure a CAN device, then the CP476 shall send messages to query the device, even if the device does not exist.

I found this link, and there is even pictures of oscilloscope traces.
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/sloa101b/...tion protocol is,attempting to send a message.

I also have to comment that the 2003 PLC is totally obsolete. If you are setting up a new project, then the 2003 PLC might not be the most futureproof choice. Just saying...

Thank you for your response.
Do you know if connecting the device via CAN as in the picture is enough to activate this port?
In my case, it does not work, CAN does not transmit and I do not know if there is anything else to add or if my communication is damaged.

CP476 — kopia.png