Looking for Xtradrive

xtradrive

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for that. If not, please forgive me. I have been looking for a new or refurbished Xtradrive for 2 months without much success. If any of you has an Xtradrive with one of the following references available, please PM me :
XD-P3-MSD0
XD-P5-MSD0
XD-01-MSD0
XD-02-MSD0

Thanks for your time!

About 11 years ago I did a worldwide search for replacement XTraDrives in that power range and could not find any.

We replaced them with Yaskawa FSP series Flexible ServoPack drives, which of course are themselves an extension of the Sigma II drives.

I wish you luck, but you're very likely to have to upgrade those drives to a modern Yaskawa servo.

About 11 years ago I did a worldwide search for replacement XTraDrives in that power range and could not find any.

We replaced them with Yaskawa FSP series Flexible ServoPack drives, which of course are themselves an extension of the Sigma II drives.

I wish you luck, but you're very likely to have to upgrade those drives to a modern Yaskawa servo.

Your feedback is pretty interesting! Thank you for taking the time to write this down.

I am not a PLC expert but as far as I have understood, upgrading to a more modern Yaskawa servo would involve a full reprogramming as there is no ascendant compatibility between drive generations, isn't it? Not sure what is the effort involved but it looks pretty complex from what I have been told...

In my case, the FSPs are *very* similar to the XTradrives. The connectors and parameters are nearly identical, and I was able to easily migrate the configuration files to the new drives.

They aren't exactly the same, though. My application involved a custom serial command from an SLC-500 controller over an RS-485 multidrop bus, and the FSP servos used a different unit value than the XTradrive (like speed in RPM versus Hz). So I had to edit that program carefully. I was fortunate that the cables and connectors and physical hardwired signals were identical.

The FSPs are hard to get now as well, just not as hard as the XTraDrives.

Although I was able to retrofit FSPs onto that machine in 2010, I went back in 2019 and had to add a whole new PLC and use Yaskawa SIGMA5 controllers to replace larger servos that had been destroyed in a flood.