Unity Pro XL Bit Shift

rankhornjp

I'm converting a RsLogix program that has several BSL instructions with a length of 48. I have found that Unity has a ROL and SHL instructions that shifts bits. However, it looks like I'm limited to a DWORD(32 bits) in length and the DWORD won't let me reference it at the bit level (e.g. "DWORD.0" as the address on a coil) so that limits me to a WORD(16 bits).

Any suggestions on how to get something to work with 48 bits?

Thanks

Thanks. This works, in a slightly more complicated way. The downside is it uses 48 memory words instead of 3. Is there a more efficient way to track a part through 48 stations?

You can build your own DFB block.
Block will use still 48 ints internally, but you have cleaner look of code.
Unity have so much memory that using 48 integer <> 48 bits won't make much difference.