Which software to open Rockwell .apa file ?

passwordg

I have to setup a computer to edit a .apa file which runs on a Panelview Plus 1000.
The hmi is made in software version 7.00.

Which software do I need to download from Rockwell - FactoryTalk View SE or FactoryTalk View ME or something else ?

Can I just install the v7.00 directly ?

I already have RsLogix and RsLinx.

A link would be really helpful. Thanks.

You just need FactoryTalkView. It will allow you to choose between 4 types of documents to open.

(After install just double click apa give a name and then open factorytalkview and select machine edition (panel view = ME). From here you should see the apa you loaded.)

You only need ME. ME is Machine Edition, i.e., PanelView Plus. SE is Site Edition, i.e. the PC-based Server-Client systems.

If you have both, it allows you to choose between the 3 different types of SE application, or ME. But you only need ME.

It's not quite as simple as double clicking the apa either. You will need to use the Application Manager in the FactoryTalk View Studio Tools folder (installed with FTView Studio) to restore the application. Then when you open FTView Studio, it will appear in the list for you to open.

Note that when you do this, all the user data is scrambled. So any usernames, passwords and permissions will need to be manually re-entered if you intend to download the file to a HMI and run it.

I'm assuming you're pretty new to FTView Studio, so do yourself a favour and read up on .apa files, .mer files, .med files and how they all relate to each other. There's a few things to know.

I have a project coming up that will have multiple stations, each station will run independently with it's own PLC with factory talk view. But the customer wants a "Main" HMI/Computer that can be used to view production info of each station anyone who did that kind of wok plz guide me about it thanku