Automatic Number Plate Recognition

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there

Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to integrate an ANPR Camera into a PLC control system? We are currently upgrading an Allen Bradley SLC500 to a CompactLogix system and our client would like the facility to read lorry number plates into the control system to allow automatic unloading of vehicles. I've scoured the internet with no success. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Steve

Probably could get a Cognex or Keyence camera to do it, they have software for character recognition. They already have the PLC support. I would contact your local representatives to see if they can help.

A simpler option. Have a keypad so the driver can enter their number plate. No ANPR required then.

Had this at a plant I worked at previously.