Weight sensor for belt conveyors

Charbel

Dear,

I was looking at the weight sensors for belt conveyors, i can use either a nuclear one or an integrating weighing devices which incorporate a weighing sensor with a speed sensor. i dont want to use a nuclear sensor since it is not safe. For the second option, it happens that the tail pulley (where the speed sensor is to be located) is far (around 200 meters) from the location of the weighing sensor.
Some of the integrating weighing sensors come with a speed sensor that can be located near the weighing sensor, however they will be located on the belt. my question is will locating a speed sensor on the belt will cause slipping after a while? and overall what solution do u advice (the best in your opinion) that can measure weighing in motion on the belt conveyor for bulk material.

thank you!

charbel

Dear,

thank you....

actually i was looking at the siemens speed sensor model Sitrans WS300 which connect directly to a weight integrator, my problem is i can only position the speed sensor on the belt i was looking in the WS300 installation manual and found the attached way to install it, is it really ok on the way to install it?

speed sensor Sitrans WS300 catalog cut.jpg

I have a Siemens BW-500 Intigrator unit as well. My unit does not need a speed sensor as my speed does not change. If you can leave the belt at a constant speed then there is no need for the sensor. Makes it a little simpler in my opinion.