Can not Connect to SLC 5/05

I think you have some more essential problems understanding your computer operating system settings.

Regarding the serial driver: The "Autoconfigure" button in the DF1 Full Duplex driver is irrelevant because you're using DH485 protocol on that controller. You can't connect directly to it, and you only use the DF1 Full Duplex driver (or the 1747-UIC driver) when you are using a 1747-UIC or equivalent.

The most common issue with 1747-UIC is that you need to verify that you're using the correct COM port number. Check your computer's Devices settings to verify that a 1747-UIC is using the COM port number you expect, and set the driver up for that COM port number.

Let's step back to the IP address settings of the laptop.

What is the IP address of the network interface card that you are using to connect to the SLC-5/05 ?

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that you have not set the IP address of your laptop to be the same as the SLC-5/05 ? That would explain why you get a response when you PING the address, yet you can't connect with RSLinx or a web browser.

Connect up again, and PING the SLC-5/05. If you get a response, then type "ARP -A" and post the results.

Then disconnect the SLC-5/05 from the network, and PING again.

Ken
https://ibb.co/qCLQk4T
This is my computer

And here is the rest of the arp -a
https://ibb.co/P5htPXG

Last edited:
Just at quick glance it looks like your IP on your PC 169.254.217.0 and the PLC is 192.168.10.10

You would need to change one or the other to get them in the same ballpark

I would change your IPv4 to static and set it to 192.168.10.xx and xx will come from you, you need to make sure its not in use

Just at quick glance it looks like your IP on your PC 169.254.217.0 and the PLC is 192.168.10.10

You would need to change one or the other to get them in the same ballpark

I would change your IPv4 to static and set it to 192.168.10.xx and xx will come from you, you need to make sure its not in use

I have learned some stuff today. Thanks Ken and Genius. That worked and now I can connect via ethernet and my 1747uic.