WinCC SCADA TIA Portal v14 - Tab button blinking when there is alarm in screen

DenZ_P

Hello Experts,

I want to ask how i can make my tab buttons blink when there is an Alarm active in the that screen.

I am just new with WinCC coming from Wonderware, Rockwell SCADA and Ignition background.

Is this possible by script? How do you put multiple tags under Animate Property of a graphic or a button?

Please help! Thanks!

Tab blinking when there is alarm in screen.PNG

WinCC Advanced or WinCC Professional ?

If WinCC Advanced, then there is no integrated function to achieve that. You would have to monitor all the possible alarms in PLC code, and then use a BOOL or an INT to change the appearance of the button via animation. That would not be difficult though.

If WinCC Professional, then maybe there is. I dont have experience with it.

Even if there is an integrated WinCC function, then I would consider to do it in code anyway, since I bet it will not be simple with the integrated function.

WinCC Advanced or WinCC Professional ?

If WinCC Advanced, then there is no integrated function to achieve that. You would have to monitor all the possible alarms in PLC code, and then use a BOOL or an INT to change the appearance of the button via animation. That would not be difficult though.

If WinCC Professional, then maybe there is. I dont have experience with it.

Even if there is an integrated WinCC function, then I would consider to do it in code anyway, since I bet it will not be simple with the integrated function.

Sorry forgot to mention. It is WinCC Professional.

Installed Software.PNG