FT View SE View Only

evansen

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this from the documentation.

I am developing an HMI upgrade for a small facility. It would be nice if the HMI was always visible to show the process page and alarms, then the operator could log in to gain the ability to make control changes. Using a remote domain controller, is it possible to use Windows linked user groups AND have an always logged on client PC?

I believe so. We do something similar with our engineers and operators, the engineers can use their windows login on a computer the was booted with an operator domain account. Our engineers are in a windows group, the windows group is in a Factorytalk security group, FTEng, and the FTEng has runtime security with usercodes that have more rights than the operator FT security groups.

There is a lot of work behind setting up the user codes, we bought a package that had them preconfigured and tweaked it a bit. Look up CurrentUserHasCode, it is used extensively in the package.

You would probably want to set up an auto-logout as well, to ensure the operators don’t stay logged in.