Fanuc Robot Issues with CompactLogix

swills4

Hi-

I am setting up Ethernet communication with CompactLogix and a Fanuc Robot. I have followed all the instructions on setting up explicit messaging.

Strangely, I have the I/O size the same on my PLC as I do my Robot (32 bytes/16 Words) and the robot and PLC are reading each other's outputs to one another, yet I am getting the blinking green light on my PLC "I/O not Recognized".

I look at the Fanuc Controller Communication Status screen on RsLogix and it says communication has failed..... yet it is undeniable that they are in fact communicating.

I tried lowering the I/O size on RsLogix to 16 bytes and communication succeeded. The controller on RsLogix read "Running". However, only the outputs coming from the robot were being read by the PLC. The robot was not reading outputs from the PLC.

I tried calling Tech Support at both companies and neither one had a valid suggestion, so now I'm at a complete loss of what I should do. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!