Alternative to AB Panelview

Maybe I overlooked it, but I needed interlocked and multistate pushbuttons and couldn't find anything that worked similarly on the cmore. It just seems like a lot of common features on every other brand i have used are missing on the Cmore.

Yeah, I agree, I don't think they have that either. I've had to make my own by stacking buttons on top of each other and toggle visibility of the buttons based on the state. So if you have a whole lot of buttons, it's probably not worth it, but for smaller prjs, you could probably make it work.

The thing with C-more is since they don't have more complex type features, you have to use the basic ones to find workarounds. It's do-able, but needs a lot more legwork from the programming side. So it's the typical engineering trade off, you can save good money on the HMI and free software, but spend extra time programming it and figuring out the workarounds.

The thing with C-more is since they don't have more complex type features, you have to use the basic ones to find workarounds. It's do-able, but needs a lot more legwork from the programming side. So it's the typical engineering trade off, you can save good money on the HMI and free software, but spend extra time programming it and figuring out the workarounds.

The issue I had was the PLC was already programmed to use multistate and interlocked pushbutton, and I was replacing the HMI had been outdated and unavailable for 25 years. This also wasn't a new project where i got to dictate how the PLC was programmed, nor did i have a documented PLC program that was easy to make massive changes to.

Then there was also the fact that a 1995 HMI could do these features but the 2020 Cmore couldn't was just frustrating.

The issue I had was the PLC was already programmed to use multistate and interlocked pushbutton, and I was replacing the HMI had been outdated and unavailable for 25 years. This also wasn't a new project where i got to dictate how the PLC was programmed, nor did i have a documented PLC program that was easy to make massive changes to.

Then there was also the fact that a 1995 HMI could do these features but the 2020 Cmore couldn't was just frustrating.

This is another reason I like Crimson. Red Lion gives you the nuts and bolts to build a Ferrari. You still have the build it, but you get to decide how many doors and wheels it gets. You can replicate nearly anything anyone else has done for a retrofit as long as you know how to stick together the nuts and bolts to build it.

Terry,

I find the Kinco's are not bad to use, have connectivity with almost any PLC. Just like any HMI need to get used to the software. I've done a number of projects with them that turn out quite nice.

C-More is Cheap and fairly easy to use
Kinco HMI is dirt cheap, but difficult to use.