Upload from GE Quickpanel

brandonm1

Hello All

Wanted to thank all you guys for boards like these, they help me do so much!

We purchased a machine that is running two of the old GE quick panel minis QPM3D200B2P/B-A.

I would like to keep a replacement on hand/convert to something newer as I know its only a matter of time before one goes blank.

This issue has been discussed at length on this board, I have posted a pic of the message on PME 9.5 I get when trying to upload from QPM3D200B2P/B-A.

From reading the previous post I have found that I most likely need Quick Designer which I have been unable to find. Could anyone post a link for a trail version so I could attempt to upload before I attempt to redo these from scratch.

I am also aware from previous posts that there is a possibility the data was never saved into the panel and will not be recoverable.

Any Help Appreciated

Thanks!

IMG_7048.jpg

Keep in mind those old QPs had to be setup properly to allow a Upload from them. It's been so long since I touched one can't remember the exact verbiage in Quick Designer but I believe the default was to NOT allow upload.

Good Luck!

Hi all

Wanted to give an update regarding this:

I was able to set up QuickDesigner on a Windows 98 virtual machine, but would get the following message upon trying to upload:

IMG_7056.jpg

After some more investigation via forum searching, I found that the problem was likely communication through the serial port on my host through the virtual machine. I pulled out an old desktop running Windows XP with a serial port and installed QuickDesigner. I was then able to connect and upload:

IMG_7062.jpg

Unfortunately, upon 100% upload I would get the following message:

IMG_7066.jpg

Pretty sure this means that the original programmer did not save the project to panel. So I guess I will have to look into recreating the HMI from scratch.

Thanks to everyone for all the help! It's a shame that nothing can be recovered from this, but that's the way it goes sometimes! If I have missed something please advise and THANK YOU!

If the original programmer had not included the project file in his download I don't think you would have seen the action in the second screenshot. Instead, I think you would have received a message that there was no project file available to upload.
I think you managed to upload a file but Quick Designer wasn't able to use it. Could be a corrupted file or a version issue. Does the S00002 file you uploaded have a .prj suffix? If so, try creating a new QP target in a Proficy project and import the .prj file.

That gives me hope! I am looking into this, forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to figure out were the upload file is/went. The software never gave me the option to the do anything with the upload, so I'm not sure if the file was saved or not. I looked in C:\quick on the desktop I connected to it with and found the following:

IMG_7071.jpg

It is a .TMP I am not seeing the S00002 anywhere or any with the .prj

I may need to reconnect again a look for more options.

Thanks so much for your help!

Try opening that .tmp with notepad. The first few characters of a .prj file give the Quick Designer version that created them. One I just checked started with "TCPQD3.70 Build" (without the quotes). If yours looks like that try changing the file extension from .tmp to .prj and see whether Proficy can import it.

I have to say that 39 Kbytes looks small. The few that I have are all in the 500 - 600 Kbytes range. That could explain the problem Quick Designer had with it. It could be incomplete or otherwise corrupted.

Last edited:
Ok so I have encountered this error message alerting me that this project file was created in a version prior to 3.2, is there anyway around this:

IMG_7074.jpg

Thanks again!

I seem to remember some issues between Proficy and early version Quick Designer files. The workaround was to import the early QD file into a QD version newer than minimum (perhaps QD 3. or 3.4), save it under the newer QD version and then import into Proficy. I have QD 3.4 installed on a virtual XP. Post your file and I can see if can do anything with it. If you'd rather not post to a public website, you can send it to me at stephen dot bailey2 at verizon dot net.

Wow thanks so much! I have yet another issue, upon attempting to import the prj. file to the my target the mini 6" Blue-mono (QPM-3xxxx) I get the following very quickly:

IMG_7077.jpg

the screen will then remain on the reading project data tags and never advance. I have let this run for about 20 mins a few times with no luck. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions?

I had the same problem when I tried to import it into Proficy version 9.5 on a Windows 10 machine. However, I was able to import it into version 7.0 running Windows 7. So I saved and backed up the project in version 7.0 and emailed you the backup. You should be able to restore the version 7.0 backup into whatever versin of Proficy you're using.