GE Quickpanel View Upload

dearannie21

Hi
I'm using GE Quickpanel view and we usually opy the project to cf card and transfer it to the new when we have issues.
This time, I need to modify the program and do not have any backup file.

Can I upload the file from the HMI.?
If so, how do I do that?
So far, I can connect to HMI via ethernet

Hi,

In my experience with the QP View, you cannot upload the project - as per the old Quickpanel, and other Rockwell devices.

As you have indicated, I too need to re-download the application on occasion.

I would suggest that you scour the plant or contact the machine manufacturer for the swxCF file, and restore the project to a licensed laptop - there is no way around it. It is also sometimes hiding as a conventional Zip file. The software requires a license in order to open/manipulate the application.

Can I upload the file from the HMI.?
You can only upload from the Quick Panel if the original programmer chose to allow it.
If so, how do I do that?
Assuming you have Proficy Machine Edition software, start a new project with the model of QP you have installed. Then upload from the connected HMI. You will need to have a licensed copy of PME to be able to save the file you upload.

Steve
Thanks for the explanation.
I kept trying to upload file from HMI, but no success.
I guess I need to make from scratch.

Again, thanks for your help