diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Having trouble connecting and uploading from a Quickpanel View to Proficy

Quickpanel communcates to PLC no problem

Quickpanel IP 192.168.200.71
PLC IP 192.168.200.70
laptop IP 192.168.200.79

all 3 devices on 255.255.255.0 subnet

verified IP / subnet on quickpanel in control panel, also can ping both plc and QP and can get online with PLC.

Kind of at a loss, when I set the qp as the active target in the project, I then try both go online and upload and both just show up in the feedback zone with a message saying checking destination '192.168.200.71'

and nothing happens.

Quickpanel model is the IC754 series.

tried restarting both proficy and the quickpanel. Not sure what else to do.

Is the QP target in your PME project the same model as the actual unit? Is PME licensed on your computer? If not licensed are you within the four day grace period since installing? Are you sure the View project in the QP is set to allow uploads?
Edit: I don't think you need to go online with the QP before uploading. Just select it as the active target and upload. Not sure if going online first causes a problem.

Last edited:
Is the QP target in your PME project the same model as the actual unit? Is PME licensed on your computer? If not licensed are you within the four day grace period since installing? Are you sure the View project in the QP is set to allow uploads?
Edit: I don't think you need to go online with the QP before uploading. Just select it as the active target and upload. Not sure if going online first causes a problem.

model matches in the proficy project. pme is licensed. im not 100% sure on if upload was allowed. I remember that being a thing with the older quickpanels and dont see that option in proficy, although I may be overlooking it.

I seem to remember if you went online it allowed you to stop and start the runtime. I am not able to do that either. Ive tried doing upload without going online but no difference. that same message shows up in the feedback zone but nothing happens.

When you look at the properties of the QP target, in the "Computer Address" field make sure you have the IP address of the QP, not the IP address of the laptop. Also, are you going through a switch for your ethernet connection? If you're using a point-to-point connection it could be a cabling issue which would be resolved by a switch.

The "Project Recovery" field in the QP properties is where you set whether or not uploads are permitted.

When you look at the properties of the QP target, in the "Computer Address" field make sure you have the IP address of the QP, not the IP address of the laptop. Also, are you going through a switch for your ethernet connection? If you're using a point-to-point connection it could be a cabling issue which would be resolved by a switch.

The "Project Recovery" field in the QP properties is where you set whether or not uploads are permitted.

yes, I have the ip address of the qp in the computer address 192.168.200.71

going thru a switch, im able to ping qp and also go onlne with plc so I dont believe it is a network issue.

project recovery field is set to update on going offline in the old project I was given.

yes to both.

I also created a new project in proficy and input the ip and tried to upload and exact same outcome. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt something in that project causing a problem.

Last edited:
For some reason Proficy doesn't seem to be able to make a connection with the QP View HMI. Could there be any security settings in your laptop preventing it?

If you're trying to determine if the version on your laptop matches what is on the QP View you could run it on the laptop as a simulation with or without I/O enabled. In the propeties pane for the QP target change the Computer address to that of the laptop (or simply use ".") and set the "Simulation" item to True. Set the "Enable I/O" item to True if you want the simulation to be able to see the values of the PLC variables and fully duplicate the functionality of the QP.

For some reason Proficy doesn't seem to be able to make a connection with the QP View HMI. Could there be any security settings in your laptop preventing it?

If you're trying to determine if the version on your laptop matches what is on the QP View you could run it on the laptop as a simulation with or without I/O enabled. In the propeties pane for the QP target change the Computer address to that of the laptop (or simply use ".") and set the "Simulation" item to True. Set the "Enable I/O" item to True if you want the simulation to be able to see the values of the PLC variables and fully duplicate the functionality of the QP.

I spoke to the customer and the project was changed from what I have, but it was only a IP address change and a logo change in the software, so I am comfortable overwriting what is in the panel.

So I tried to download to the qp and it is throwing error 6103 Target at computer address doesnt match model. [Target, Windows CE: Computer Address]

exact part number on the panel is: IC754VSI12CTD-HH
part number used in proficy is : IC754VxI12Cxx

I also used the loaded part # IC754Vxx12Cxx but that had the same outcome. Looking at the system information on the qp and it says intermediate so I am sure it has the correct part # selected in the project.

Have you tried cleaning the build folders for the target? I can't remember any of the details, but I did the procedure once several years ago and it resolved the problem I was having. The documentation isn't particularly clear why you might need to do it, but the procedure erases any temporary files created during a previous download.
Right click on the target in the Navigator pane and then select "Clean Build Folders".