You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 8th, 2022, 02:14 PM   #1
Trvscbln
United States

Angry Panelview Plus 7 Series B Visual Quality

I just received the Panelview plus 7 performance series B. When I put my .mer file on the series B, the text quality is way worse than the series A. I updated my project to the newest version and created a new .mer, and the same thing, it looks really good on the series A, and bad on the series B. The text looks really bad, it looks like it was compressed and then stretched out. I called Allen Bradley and they said this is not an issue. Has anyone else seen this? I tired reinstalling my FactoryTalk View software, I created new projects, it is all the same.
Old September 8th, 2022, 03:04 PM   #2
JeremyM
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Exit to the desktop and try verifying that the Windows DPI scaling is at 100%.
Old September 9th, 2022, 09:21 AM   #3
DaDaDadeo
United States

The B series uses only a limited amount of fonts. If the project uses fonts that are not available on the panel, a default font will be used instead. For example, the even spaced Gullim Che or Consolas fonts reverts to Arial which is not even spaced. The only available even spaced font is Courier New which is garbage. There is a list of the true type fonts in the manual that should be used in the project build. Converting to all the listed fonts will ensure the formatting is correct after the download.

Another disappointment is that the VNC feature is not available (yet) on the WINDOW 10 IOT system. Only Viewpoint is available which is pointless. Pun intended.
Old September 9th, 2022, 12:52 PM   #4
Trvscbln
United States

My scaling is correct, everything is the correct size, and I am using Arial Font. I tried making a project with multiple fonts, and they all look much worse than series A. Has anyone been able to get the same appearance on a series B as on series A?
Old September 21st, 2022, 10:54 AM   #5
Trvscbln
United States

I just got confirmation from Allen Bradley that this is a firmware issue, they are going to fix in October with v12.104 firmware.
Old September 21st, 2022, 11:48 AM   #6
JeremyM
United States

All good info.

Have you had a chance to compare the performance of Series B Standard to Series A Standard?
Old September 22nd, 2022, 10:29 AM   #7
Trvscbln
United States

Yes, I had a Series A and Series B 10 inch Panelview Plus 7 Performance side by side. I put the same program on both, and the quality was much worse on the Series B, the text was very pixeled and looked terrible comparred to the Series A. After going round and round with Allen Bradley, they finally revealed it is a firmware issue. The bottom line is they released this screen too soon.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:12 AM   #8
JeremyM
United States

I meant Standard models. But on the Performance models, is the B faster at page navigation and/or generally loading and populating display elements?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum