Do any HMI/PLC manufacturers have sensible delivery times?

Thank you all for your input. I will have to do more studying and web searching. If the web servers were better in the PLCs I might look at a temporary fix to at least allow machines to work, until the HMIs are once again available. No easy solutions, and no guarantee that if change to other makes of equipment that they won't suddenly become unavailable.

Absolutely.

Not a fan of all-in-one boxes.

OnLogic CL210G-11, Quad-Core, 4 GB RAM, Linux
Ignition Edge
Touchscreen from Hope Industrial

For purely DA, and IF the company's IT that it was going into was going to do all WinDoze management/patchng etc, maybe.

For SC nope, wouldn't trust a PLC over Wi-Fi.

Our Keyence rep was in last week and claimed that all of their PLCs and HMIs are in stock. Too bad you can't get basic product details from their website without divulging personal information. o_O

Our Keyence rep has also claimed that most of their products are either in stock or on a short lead time as they mostly use their own chips and are not that much affected by the global chip shortage.

FWIW, but as of now we do have long lead times on their locking safety switches, so there.

Pricing is an issue, without hardware you are looking at $1300 for Ignition Edge, add another $600 if you want to use MQTT. I like my all-in-one simple solutions :) Especially when the IT department tends to be Fred who occasionally has to buy a SIM.

geniusintraining, thank you. Obviously you have no way to know where the stuff I do would be used, so the mental image of the Lenovo monitor strapped down inside a tractor cab did make me chuckle. With the driver struggling to see round the 21 inch screen. :) :ROFLMAO: Knowing these guys it wouldn't be strapped, it would be pre-used, orange bailing string that they dug up from the mud in the yard.

related, the new bottleneck that I've heard recently is device certification (UL/CE/etc).

Obviously all the existing issues like covid shutdowns, chip shortages, and legacy components still apply. However, since every vendor is scrambling to redesign everything at the same time with parts that are actually available, it's causing a huge backlog at the testing labs to certify the new versions of the devices.