RS View SE Application

Rob S.

At another plant, I have a RS View SE Distributed Application that is running. I opened RS View SE , and selected the same application ( existing )that is running, to see what tags are attached to trends , numeric displays , etc. When I selected it , it acted like it was opening up , but it is just an open RS View screen. The application is listed ( existing )in RS View to open.

My question is , if the developed application is missing in RS View SE , would it still be running ? I don't want to shut the running application down because I am worried that it may not run when I restart it.

Any Thoughts ,

Thanks so much for your help.

While they all function similarly, it would be helpful to know which revision of RSView SE (3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0) or FactoryTalk View SE (5.0, 5.10, 6.0, 6.10) you are running.

Your description sounds like you're launching the RSView SE Client, and selecting a project to run.

What it sounds like you intend to do is open the RSView Studio editing environment, which allows you to edit a running distributed application. The Studio is sometimes installed on the same computer as the RSView SE Server, but often is located on a separate engineering workstation.

Describe in detail exactly which programs you are opening and what sort of screens you're seeing while making your selections.

Thanks Mr. Roach

RSView SE (Not sure what version at this time) is installed
on this server. The RS View SE Application is running on the server PC. While the application is running , I select Programs / RS View Studio / SE Distributed / (Existing) Kiln. It acts like it is opening , but it is a blank RS View SE screen. It opened up just a few days ago , and I could pick screens , objects , etc. to edit.

I would think that if it was gone that the application would not be running.

Okay, so you're launching RSView SE Studio, selecting the "SE" option, and selecting the Kiln application, which opens up to..... the problem.

Describe in detail (preferably with a screenshot) what's really showing up in the RSView Studio window.

Is the project Explorer window visible, but empty or partially empty ?

Or is the project Explorer hidden ? You can click the Project Explorer show/hide button (looks like a tree view) or select View -> Explorer Window.

Since this worked a while ago, it should work now, obviously.

This doesn't happen to be on a lime kiln overlooking the Puyallup River, does it ?

Thanks so much for the information, I will look at it again Monday. I hope it is just hidden. It is a brick kiln.

I appreciate all you guys. Have a great weekend.