Panelview plus 700 application has to be loaded everytime on power cycle

aamirawan91

My Panelview plus 700 HMI stopped working and I replaced it with a new one. Moved the sd card from the previously installed panel to this one and loaded the application/program and pressed "run application" and it did but after power cycling the panel the application did not start automatically. Instead it went back to the configuration mode where you have the options of "Load Application", "Run Application", "Application Settings" under "Current Application" bar. Current application box was empty and it showed nothing. Run application and application option settings were greyed out. I went into the load application option and there it showed the program in the internal memory and also on the sd card (external memory). I loaded the application/program again from the internal memory to the panel itself and went back to the same screen i talked about earlier but this time it showed an application in the current application box and also the run application etc options were now available. I tapped run application and it ran normally. But I have to do this same process every time I power cycle the panel. I think the application gets lost or something after power cycle but if that was the case it shouldn't show any application in the internal storage where you choose "source" to copy from. Applications and runtime in the other machines start running automatically once the boot screen is loaded. Also there is some kind of a startup option where you can select what should be booted first and mine have configuration mode selected and "run application" is greyed out there as well. What am i missing here?

You need to go and select it to load and run the app at startup, it's been disabled by someone.

go to

Terminal settings -> Factorytalk View ME Station Startup -> Edit -> select 'Run current application' and select the one you want.

After loading the program but before you press run you need to go to the terminal settings then go to startup options then go to edit and make sure that the run current application is selected, you can then exit out until you get back to the main menu and run the program.

Only "configuration mode". Well, I have to try that after loading the application again and once it starts showing in the "current application" box. Maybe then the "run current application" option would be available in the startup. I guess. Do i need a password to do this? What's the default password just in case i need it?

No i am not confusing this Sir. I'm also talking about the exact same screen :)

btw this is my first ever post here on this site and i gotta say people here are very helpful. Thank you to all of you guys for your responses.

Only "configuration mode". Well, I have to try that after loading the application again and once it starts showing in the "current application" box. Maybe then the "run current application" option would be available in the startup. I guess. Do i need a password to do this? What's the default password just in case i need it?

you won't be able to set the run current app until you load it first.

Yes alan_505. I'll try that tomorrow! btw how to reply to a post that the post i'm responding to shows above mine like arpus4KM just did :unsure:

Yes alan_505. I'll try that tomorrow! btw how to reply to a post that the post i'm responding to shows above mine like arpus4KM just did :unsure:

click the button in the bottom right of the post that says "quote" and it automatically adds it to quotes in your reply.

Click the "quote" button in the bottom right corner of the post. If you want to quote more than 1, click "+quote" on the different posts except the last one, on which you'll click "quote".

....arpus beat me to it