AB Panelview Plus 700 vs Plus CE 700

Hi All. I am working on my home automation system again and i am looking at setting up a panelview.

Currently running an AB Compactlogix 1769-L35E. I have decided i want to experiment with the panelview, but after reading different articles on the internet, i am confused what to purchase.

I know i will purchase a panelview plus of some description, because i need the internet connectivity, but will it be a 600, 700, CE 700?

I found a CE 700 for around 500 USD on ebay. I tried reading a comparison in this article:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/2711p-in001_-en-p.pdf

But after mentioning CE 700 once in a paragraph, it never mentioned it again.

Could not find anything else useful on the internet. Some articles suggested compactlogix is more suited to panelview 600, while the 700 is more suited to controllogix. Any thoughts?

I do not want to buy one that is not compatible with my system. I did not realise they would be so expensive (second hand), so i kind of feel like i have one shot at buying one.

To be honest, i am happy with any panelview, (not compact). I initially thought i would be buying a 600, but the cheapest option i could find is the CE 700. I am really just looking to buy the cheapest option that is compatible with my system.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

600 versus 700 is just screen size. Which CPU you are connecting it to really doesn't matter. The 600 is an all-in-one unit whereas the 700 has a replaceable logic module and a replaceable display. If either of those fail on the 600 you would have to replace the entire unit.

The CE edition just means that you can access the underlying Windows CE operating system. You don't have to though. This is actually a standard feature for all newer edition PanelView terminals. It will run your ME applications just like any non-CE terminal.

If you found one cheap and you have access to the software then the 700 is a decent little unit.

OG

The 'CE' version of the original Panelview Plus terminals had a Windows CE operating system. From the the manual:
The logic module is available with or without internal CompactFlash. The contents of the internal CompactFlash is what differentiates a PanelView Plus device from a PanelView Plus CE device.
 For the PanelView Plus terminals, the internal CompactFlash contains FactoryTalk View ME software and flash memory.
 For the PanelView Plus CE terminals, the internal CompactFlash contains the open Windows CE operating system, FactoryTalk View ME software, and flash memory.

A 600 has a 5.5" screen, a 700 a 6.5" screen. The 600 is a single unit, whereas the 700 will consist of separate display and logic modules.

See the manual I linked for a more complete breakdown of specs.