CLX5380 or S7-1500 as OPC client

wantutri

Hi!

We have an existing RSView32 (project made by others). It is already configured as an OPC server.

Is it possible for a CLX5380 or S71500 to act as an OPC client to read the data from RSView32?

What I tried is to configure s7-1500 as OPC client but somewhat lost on the parameterization as s7-1500 only ask the IP:port, not the application id which RSView32 provides.

I haven't tried anything yet on CLX5380 as I'm still looking for references for me to start with.

Thanks

Are you sure that RSView 32 is OPC Server ?
I would assume that RSView 32 is an OPC Client.

And are you talking about OPC DA or OPC UA ?
As far as I know RSview 32 can be an OPC DA client. Not sure that it supports OPC UA as it is quite old legacy software.

S7-1500 can be both OPC UA Server and OPC UA Client.

Can you provide some screenshots of what your are trying to do on both RSView 32 and S7-1500 ?

Are you sure that RSView 32 is OPC Server ?
I would assume that RSView 32 is an OPC Client.

And are you talking about OPC DA or OPC UA ?
As far as I know RSview 32 can be an OPC DA client. Not sure that it supports OPC UA as it is quite old legacy software.

S7-1500 can be both OPC UA Server and OPC UA Client.

Can you provide some screenshots of what your are trying to do on both RSView 32 and S7-1500 ?

Yes, the RSView32 is the OPC server. There is this equipment (Honeywell vertex) where I will use PLC (any plc actually, I'm open for alternatives) that will act as an OPC client to read data from RSView. I attached the only info we have from the Honeywell Vertex equipment.

I'm also still looking for any documentation if RSView supports OPC UA. If none, is there any alternative that I can go with to read from this OPC server using PLC?

Veretex OPC Server.png

Last edited: