Autostart Trends when HMI is loaded (Factorytalk se)

Ingis

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to start the trends the moment the hmi starts? Now I enter my mainscreen, but the trend only starts running when you access the trend screen. Its a bit stupid to say to the user, you need to go to the different trend pages before you can start using the machine.

BR
Wesley

Yes, You should add the points you wish to trend to a Datalog.
Then, point your trend at the datalog instead of live data.

Start the datalog w/ the HMI(startup macro, looks like DataLogOn Daily_Log)

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to start the trends the moment the hmi starts? Now I enter my mainscreen, but the trend only starts running when you access the trend screen. Its a bit stupid to say to the user, you need to go to the different trend pages before you can start using the machine.

BR
Wesley

As stated by @Dravik, you will need to setup Data Logging first and then display said data model as a historical Trend; there is no Trend object related data collection mechanism- just current values.
ME Page 455 (Chapter 26) of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf
SE Page 535 (Chapter 26) of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewse-um006_-en-e.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks.

I'm using the datalogging now first, and use this on my pen. But it is still starting only when I open the screen. I've added the macro with start datalogging. Is a macro automatically done when you start up, or do you need to configure the macro as a startup one? Does this work in the test client environment?

The trend will only run when an actual client starts, if the client is configured to run a startup macro which starts the logging.

You can manually start logging from the command line in studio with the DataLogOn command.