Omron CP1E Communication Issue

cskaggs2

We had a CP1E go bad (power issue). Installed spare and could not get it to communicate to our motion drive via add on RS485 card. Tried everything I could with no luck. We pulled the exact same model PLC from an idle machine and installed it, worked like a charm.

Figured our spare PLC was bad, bought a new one. New one is having the exact same communication issue as our spare on the idle machine that was working fine before we borrowed the PLC. I have tried clearing PLC memory, uploaded programs from working machines, etc, no luck.

Any ideas? To me, it seems we are not initializing something correctly when installing a brand new PLC.

Settings

I attached a picture of the settings from the serial option port. I made sure the settings match on the new PLC as well as the PLC's we are currently running. I even uploaded a program from the running plc's with all settings selected and downloaded this to the new plc. No luck.

Looks like picture may not have attached. Settings are custom at 9600, 8,1,N format, R2-232C mode. Start code disabled, end code 0X00D. All other options are grayed out and cannot be changed.

For others info, was able to resolve with Omron tech support. We had to also upload the "D" memory table from an existing/working PLC and then download this memory table into the PLC along with the program.

Knowing this, we will now start to keep backup copies of the memory table for future use.

Just so you know, in CX-Programmer, under the Tools pull down, there is PLC Backup tool.
This tool will save the entire program and all memory in the plc.
You can also Restore a plc with this tool.