PV+ replacement problems

cncsparky

Trying to replace a PV+ and can't seem to get it to comm with the PLC.

2711P-T12C4D2
v5.10
L33ER v21

Both original and replacement PV+ are same part number and version.

I have saved the MER file on the compact flash card from the original and loaded it on the new terminal. Set the terminal's IP address.

Getting 'error' on objects on all screens.
And 'The item is no longer available[plcname] tag...

Got to be overlooking something. Ideas??

You probably didn't set replace communications. I suggest using the transfer utility. It's the best way to transfer the mer. In the utility make sure you check replace comm and startup.

I have the MER on a flash card, it's exactly the same file as the failed terminal. Seems like that would be the best/fastest way to get the file onto the new terminal?

After loading it asks if you want to replace communication setup. I've tried both selections.

Sounds like "Plcname" doesn't have an associated address. You can drill down in the pv's setup menu and assign it if you don't have the transfer utility.

On the PV+, under RSLinx Enterprise, the correct plc name and address are there. Is that what you are referring to?

Check the minor revision of the PanelView Plus firmware.

PV+ firmware version 5.10 was "mature" and superseded by v6 terminals and software before the "5370" family controllers were introduced.

My understanding is that PV+ firmware version 5.10.08 will support controllers like the 1769-L33ER, but that version 5.10.06 and older will require you to fake out the RSLinx Enterprise configuration by substituting a 1769-L32E object manually. That's described in RA Knowledgebase article 47489 (TechConnect Required).

Thanks Ken!

My original PV is 5.10.11.09
The replacement is 5.10.00.09

Looks like I need to update FW on the replacement. I'll try that before modifying the application.

Thanks again!