Wonderware disaster recovered (almost)

I found another one on the old users desktop. I tried it out and it seems to have put the trend back to the less broken state (before I tinkered with it) but the Log On button still doesn't work. It is newer than the previous version I had found and also has a numeric indicator present that was missing on the other one so I think this is progress.

Now if I can just fix that dad-gummed trending... I think that the trend (when I look in Windowmaker) is looking for data in a place that is different than what the historian is set up for. I am going to re-run the "Configurator" and type in the path that I see in the Windowmaker Historical Logging path...

Okay, so I am down to the last bits. I fixed the button for Log Off, but not the button for Log On. I didn't find a function I can execute to call the built-in user logon screen. No beg deal, but would like that button to work. I have a peeve about leaving behind broken buttons, even HMI buttons.

The trend thingy. Damage they make it complicated. It is probably a cakewalk on a new install...

I am to the point where I think I have the Historian creating a data log in the location expected by the trend and pen picker, but there is still no data. When I look in SMC at the status, I am getting a warning:
Please update Historian server properties with valid credentials (on client computer)...
I thunk I dun that already...that might be the only frigging thing left that doesn't jive.

Got ahold of the original integrator, and they finished it up for me. Should have done that yesterday. I will have to knock a couple of hours off our bill for this. I can't charge a customer for me fumbling around in the dark. The only downside is that I did not get to see what he did to fix it for my own educational purposes.

Okay, so I am down to the last bits. I fixed the button for Log Off, but not the button for Log On. I didn't find a function I can execute to call the built-in user logon screen. No beg deal, but would like that button to work. I have a peeve about leaving behind broken buttons, even HMI buttons.

The trend thingy. Damage they make it complicated. It is probably a cakewalk on a new install...

I am to the point where I think I have the Historian creating a data log in the location expected by the trend and pen picker, but there is still no data. When I look in SMC at the status, I am getting a warning:
Please update Historian server properties with valid credentials (on client computer)...
I thunk I dun that already...that might be the only frigging thing left that doesn't jive.

Historical trends are separate and different from Historian. The Historical Trend program operates within InTouch independently of Historian and logs files to a specified folder. Historian is a separate software module that employs a MSSQL database and provides configurable database management tools.

Historical trends are separate and different from Historian. The Historical Trend program operates within InTouch independently of Historian and logs files to a specified folder. Historian is a separate software module that employs a MSSQL database and provides configurable database management tools.

If they are building log files in basic Intouch Historian, check Configure>Historical Logging in development mode, it will give you path to log files and how long it will keep the files. The files end in *.lgh and *.idx if you want to search.
Also if the are building any csv files from the logs, they may also be using "HistData", which has to be running in the background for them to access.

Last edited: