Integrator reserves UDT area for our scada and historian systems, BUT...

userxyz

Hi,

We are building 2 new buildings for car production. The integrators will install their equipment and program the PLC and HMI software with the use of TIA Portal.

We manage the overlaying Scada and Historian systems and can ask the integrator to implement things so te be ready for easy linking of the data to our systems. We are thinking a little bit S88 and OOP.

Example:
We think to ask that every equipment like a button, rfid reader, sensor, motor, valve should have an FB and that we want an UDT in their ment for historian and Scada. For most equipment this would be the status.
One layer higher we can group equipment into a Unit. A conveyor coud be a unit that contains als an FB with an UDT an data like transportnumber, cycletime, count, groupstatus, etc etc...

This should all be no problem, BUT...

The equipment can be seen tag based and is done in a historian or data logging, while the unit data is logged in record form into a SQL server.

We think to add a Hist bit into each object so that we can tell if the object needs logging. So it is configured... maybe with a popup...

Question, can HMI tags (TIA or WinCC7.5) be dynamically created so that by a checkmark we can do this... I think we will need openess todo this... but maybe you guys have done this in an other way ?

Kind regards,
C

Hi,

We are building 2 new buildings for car production. The integrators will install their equipment and program the PLC and HMI software with the use of TIA Portal.

We manage the overlaying Scada and Historian systems and can ask the integrator to implement things so te be ready for easy linking of the data to our systems. We are thinking a little bit S88 and OOP.

Example:
We think to ask that every equipment like a button, rfid reader, sensor, motor, valve should have an FB and that we want an UDT in their ment for historian and Scada. For most equipment this would be the status.
One layer higher we can group equipment into a Unit. A conveyor coud be a unit that contains als an FB with an UDT an data like transportnumber, cycletime, count, groupstatus, etc etc...

This should all be no problem, BUT...

The equipment can be seen tag based and is done in a historian or data logging, while the unit data is logged in record form into a SQL server.

We think to add a Hist bit into each object so that we can tell if the object needs logging. So it is configured... maybe with a popup...

Question, can HMI tags (TIA or WinCC7.5) be dynamically created so that by a checkmark we can do this... I think we will need openess todo this... but maybe you guys have done this in an other way ?

Kind regards,
C

You could potentially add a flag to the comment, something like it starting or ending with LOG_RELEVANT, and then searching based on that.

Openness could probably do it. Another idea, yiu can do a whole lot with SIVARC (license cost) to auto-generate HMI objects (TIA, not v7.5) based on FB calls. I've putzed around with it a couple times as an experiment, but I never really got that deep.