Analog: Not should I, but can I?

You need to add wire resistance to internal components resistance....

I have seen that kind of unsafe use of 4-20mA loop with an extra power supply in the middle of the run to boost the voltage. as long as everything is isolated from ground or any system reference voltage it would work....

It is hard to point which one is worse but this is another option. You can even use duct tape to hold the extra power supply on one of the drive panel to make sure it looks odd.... :)

I would use signal isolators/duplicator to do a cleaner and safer install for that kind of things as suggested. This would also keep the signal to other components if you service one....

You need to add wire resistance to internal components resistance....

I have seen that kind of unsafe use of 4-20mA loop with an extra power supply in the middle of the run to boost the voltage. as long as everything is isolated from ground or any system reference voltage it would work....

It is hard to point which one is worse but this is another option. You can even use duct tape to hold the extra power supply on one of the drive panel to make sure it looks odd.... :)

I would use signal isolators/duplicator to do a cleaner and safer install for that kind of things as suggested. This would also keep the signal to other components if you service one....

Thanks for the info. Conductor resistance was taken into account, and I consider it negligible in this circumstance, as there is less than 40 feet of conductor in the entire loop.