You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 12th, 2018, 03:38 PM   #1
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

AdvancedHMI basic documentation

I've downloaded and tried AdvancedHMI software, and I am very impressed at the sophistication and flexibility for a product of its type.

But am I missing out on basic documentation ?

For example, the PLC Properties for a Basic Button object has six different fields that can be addressed to the PLC:

PLCAddressClick
PLCAddressEnabled
PLCAddressHighlightX
PLCAddressSelectTextAlternate
PLCAddressText
PLCAddressVisible

I can intuit most of those things. And I could experiment with them until I figured them out. The "Click" is pretty much a no-brainer.

But after searching the Wiki and the website, I can't find any documentation for what the rest of the parameters do or examples of appropriate syntax.

So I've got to be overlooking something really basic. Should I be looking on the AdvancedHMI website, or the wiki, or the AHMI Forum ?

I see in things like the AHMI Forum where Archie himself explains stuff like this in detail, but I want to be sure I'm not contributing to re-hashing the same topics if I could be reading them in a document.

I look forward to contributing to the AHMI documentation and user community once I get myself pointed in the right direction !

Last edited by Ken Roach; February 12th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old February 12th, 2018, 05:22 PM   #2
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Archie has a wiki though it's not complete. He mentioned that users can contribute. I haven't attempted, though this reminds me that I should...

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.p...sg7709#msg7709
http://advancedhmi.com/documentation...itle=Main_Page

edit: I guess as I re-read, you may have already understood all of this...
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:51 PM   #3
Archie
United States

The AdvancedHMI forum currently has the largest volume of information, but by the shear nature of a forum, the information is not organized and can be difficult to find what you want. To address this problem, the documentation wiki was created after being suggested by a few user. The wiki is far from what can be considered an extensive amount of documentation, but has been slowly growing. As dmroeder mentioned, the wiki is open for community contributions.

Any time a good question is asked, I try to add the answer to the wiki. To explain the PLCAddress properties, I added this page:

http://advancedhmi.com/documentation...?title=General

AdvancedHMI - HMI Software without the license key hassles

Last edited by Archie; February 12th, 2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:16 AM   #4
Phrog30
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post

PLCAddressClick
PLCAddressEnabled
PLCAddressHighlightX
PLCAddressSelectTextAlternate
PLCAddressText
PLCAddressVisible
PLCAddressEnabled, Text, and Visible are all "native" properties. If you leave these PLC addresses empty, then whatever you set in the properties is what will happen during runtime. If you have a PLC address, then the result will overwrite the property values during runtime.

Visible = If True then visible, If False then invisible

Enabled = If True then enabled (normal), If False then not enabled (grayed out).

One thing to note on visible and enabled, during initial form load, until these PLC values are read, the controls might be enabled or visible, when in fact you want the opposite. Generally what I do in these cases is make them fail safe by setting the properties to False, so on load they will not be enabled or visible until the PLC value is read and the appropriate state can be used.

Text = the result of this tag (string) will be used for the text of the button, not to be confused with text alternate (if used)

HighlightX = If True then the button will use the color in Highlight property, If False then the button will use the color in the BackColor property

SelectTextAlternate = If True then the button text will use the text in TextAlternate property, If False then the button text will use the text in the Text property.

You can test highlight and text during design time. Simply toggle Highlight and SelectTextAlternate property from True/False and you will see the button react.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (11.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png 2.png (11.9 KB, 10 views)
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:43 AM   #5
Archie
United States

I started a wiki page for the BasicButton. Feel free to edit or give me suggestions:

http://advancedhmi.com/documentation...n#Basic_Button

AdvancedHMI - HMI Software without the license key hassles
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum