Converting Bool to Float in Studio5000

Use a For/Next loop with each itiration being:

Float_Array[x] = Boolean_Array[x]

If it doesn't like the math then just use two rungs:

XIC Boolean_Array[x] MOV 1.0 Float_Array[x]

XIO Boolean_Array[x]. MOV 0.0 Float_Array[x]

Last edited:
Why?

You could try moving a hard coded number when the bit is on and then another move when the bit is off.

Thanks Bernie for your reply.
I checked MOV & COP before but not accepted.
That's a correct response because MOV and COP don't accept booleans as parameters.

As Bernie pointed, you can move 1.0 or 0.0 to the float array according to the boolean value you are evaluating.

XIC Boolean_Array[x] MOV 1.0 Float_Array[x]

XIO Boolean_Array[x]. MOV 0.0 Float_Array[x]

Code:
 Boolean_Array[x]   |-----MOV----------|
------| |-----------|             1.0  |
                    |   Float_Array[x] |
                    |------------------|
If the float array is reset before entering to the FOR loop, you'd not need to evaluate the false condition of the boolean value.