simulating 2-wire transmitters - AB ControlLogix

zlobe

I am trying to use a Transmation Checkmate 100 to simulate 2-wire transmitters on a ControlLogix Analog Input card (1492-IF16) and using the interface module 1492-AIFM8-3. My RSLogix 5000 project has the module in Differential (integer) mode. We have the transmitter (which is battery powered and there for does not need an external power supply) connected to a channel, with 1 lead on IN0 and the other lead on IN1 and jumpered to RTN. We are expecting to see integer values returned to the PLC when we input current, but the value does not increase. Is there anybody familiar with this equipment who can let me know if there are more connections that need to be made, software config to be done, or if this sort of simulation can even be done with this calibrator/simulator? Thanks for your help.

The default input mode for the 1756-IF16 module is 0-10 volts; did you remember to configure it for 0-20 mA in RSLogix 5000 ?

I don't have the 1492 AIFM interface wiring system manual on-hand... did you try wiring this up directly to a wiring arm on the module ?