Not able to expose RSView control to VBA

pequeajim

I have a CPR7 RSView application that I can not expose a string input control to VBA so that I can write the value to a .csv file. Here is what I know at this point.

I have RS View SE Stand Alone loaded in two places, one for production and the other an a VM for working on the app at home.

The OS is the same on the production box and the VM; XP, SP2

If I try to expose the string input as a VBA control on the Production box, RSV does not allow me to do so.

If I backup the app and restore it on the VM and do the same, it works.

I also tried creating a new app and new screen with just the string input object, exposing it to VBA did not work on the new app.

I tried opening an existing app and dropping a string input object on a new screen to do the same and this did not work.

I tried uninstalling RSView and reinstalling it and this also did not work.

I searched through the Knowledge base on Rockwell's site and could not find anything relating to this.

The only thing I can add is that when I unstalled and reinstalled RSView , the applications were not removed. Could this have an effect?

The license key is installed and I can talk to the I/O

I can't think of anything else, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim!