Issues Communicating with PLC

plctechweg

I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I am attempting to communicate with my plc and my HMI, but I am unable to go online with either one. I am using a virtual box program to access studio 5000 and rslinx classic. I have my ip address set correctly and my subnet is correct as well. But for some reason I am unable to ping my processor or go online with my plc. When I attempt a ping it just says "destination host unreachable", and in rslinx I just have red x's on all my available processors.

What Network mode do you have configured on your virtualbox? Where in relation to that is your HMI/PLC/host machine.

I don't use virtualbox, but in general you want to have it setup to either NAT from the guest/host to the external network or set it up in Bridged mode.