Siemens MP 377 OS Update Issue

I have just tried to support a collegue overseas.
He is facing an OP277 that has failed a flash card restore. It shows the bootup screen with the MAC address.
Problem is that the "restore to factory defaults" is only possible if serial transfer is selected. It says in Prosave help about the possible transfer options: "Via Ethernet for HMI devices without serial ports".
So that means that only serial is possible if there is serial port on the panel?
How was it possible to transfer via restore to factory defaults on the MP377 since it has both serial and ethernet ports ?

The reason I cannot advice my collegue to use the serial connection, is that it requires an RS232/RS485 adapter which he does not have.

How was it possible to transfer via restore to factory defaults on the MP377 since it has both serial and ethernet ports ?

Hi Jesper,

The "restore" option was available to me when I transferred via Ethernet. Maybe it's because it was a MP377 and not a OP277 ??

I didn't realise there was a limitation on this. The box appeared as I went to the transfer screen?

;-)

I have checked if there is a difference when attempting to do the the OS Update from within WinCC Flex. There isn't. WinCC Flex actually calls Prosave.

I found out something though.
Attempting various panels in Prosave, the "restore to factory defaults" via ethernet appears for:
OP277 - no.
MP277 - no.
MP377 - yes.

I have checked if there is a difference when attempting to do the the OS Update from within WinCC Flex. There isn't. WinCC Flex actually calls Prosave.

I found out something though.
Attempting various panels in Prosave, the "restore to factory defaults" via ethernet appears for:
OP277 - no.
MP277 - no.
MP377 - yes.

hi i have a bad problem about mp 377 12 inch.can you help me?
my panel showing

no image found
waiting for image update...
i dont want lose the program
how i can repair it?

mp 377 imaging failed

Good tip about the MAC address.

hi . i need help a bout this problem plz help me
- Enabling update mode...
- Loading image from flash...
- No image found...
- Waiting for image update...
i dont want lose the proogram because i have not back up of progrram.
i think if i do reset factory maybe i clear the program
thank you
hd.saber@yahoo

Turn off the panel.
Go to the OS Update dialog in Prosave, and enable "Reset to factory settings".
Connect the panel with the PC, and start the OS update from Prosave.
Then turn on the panel.
The OS Update will then start when Prosave detects the panel.
hi. If I reset the system to factory settings
Will the program be deleted?
i have similar problem i have not backup
tnx

Turn off the panel.
Go to the OS Update dialog in Prosave, and enable "Reset to factory settings".
Connect the panel with the PC, and start the OS update from Prosave.
Then turn on the panel.
The OS Update will then start when Prosave detects the panel.
hi with out clear original project? i think reset factory clear the program